This week on Beyond Clean we speak with Jim Stobinski, CEO at The Competency and Credentialing Institute. Jim has in excess of 25 years’ experience in the operating room with work roles which have included janitor, orderly, staff nurse and a variety of supervisory positions. His education includes a diploma of nursing from the Toledo Hospital School of Nursing and a BSN and MSN from East Carolina University. He earned his PhD in International Health Research from Touro University International in June of 2011 for a study of competency and skill acquisition in perioperative nurses. In 2014 he was one of the authors of a research study published in the AORN Journal regarding the correlation between perioperative nursing characteristics and nursing sensitive outcomes for surgical patients.
Segment 1 – 04:09
- About The Competency and Credentialing Institute
- Operating Room Certifications
- Impact of Value Based Purchasing
Segment 2 – 19:34
- Surgical Site Infection Studies
- Early Studies on Certification and Staffing Complications
- Collecting and Connecting Data from Various Sources
Segment 3 – 36:53
- What Does This Mean for CS/SPD Professionals?
- The Future of Certification
- The Perceived Value of Certification Tool
Join us next week when our guest will be Stephen Kovach, Director of Education at Healthmark Industries. #beyondclean
Click Here For More Info On The Perceived Value of Certification Tool