Job: Staff Writer
Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Location: Boston, MA
We are looking for talented writers for the fall semester to cover local Boston Sports. Interns will write game stories and practice reports on the Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox and Patriots. Applicants must have solid writing skills with strong understanding of basic journalistic principles.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Write and post shorts game recaps and practice reports
- Listen to and transcribe daily media scrums and write short posts around most relevant material
- Listen to and transcribe podcasts and write angle posts.
- Attend practice and shoot media scrums
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in a College or University
- MUST have a strong understanding of Sports/Boston Sports fans preferred.
- Pursuing a degree (Journalism & Communications preferred)
- Available and willing to work night and weekend shifts
- Strong writing skills and basic journalistic understandings
- Ability to work in fast-paced, loosely structured environment
- Video Editing and shooting skills a plus.
- Social media skills
How to Apply: email [email protected] Write “CLNS Staff Writer Internship” in the subject line. Please submit samples of your work as well.
Who We Are:
The CLNS Media Network is the leading online provider of audio and visual content in the digital realm. CLNS is a premiere destination for broadcast journalism as well as personal and collective digital branding and marketing. Our mission is to enhance and empower the individual while providing information and ideas that enrich and enlighten society.
The network features a continuous broadcast schedule with numerous personalities and celebrities from across the worlds of current events, finance, entertainment, technology, law, and sports. A leading provider of audio and video content, CLNS delivers its audience the highest quality presentations which immeasurably enhances the retainability of its information, analysis and messages making it most advantageous to both its consumers as well as current and prospective advertisers.
Additionally, CLNS employs both full and part-time journalists, commentators and producers from around the world. Utilizing its staff members’ geography, CLNS provides global news and unique commentary and perspective all in written, spoken and visual formats. Being based out of Boston, MA, CLNS features live on-scene reporters and camera crews at various games and sporting events with a specialization in the Boston Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins and New England Patriots.
CLNS Media combines a distinctive and eclectic variety of digital coverage with an emphasis on its unparalleled audio/video content.